Chrono Wiki
Iceberg Element.png
Giant Gloop uses Iceberg on the party in Fort Dragonia.
Type Magic
Color Blue
Allocation Level 6±2
Target All Opponents
User Innate blue only
Trappable Yes
Description Hails large chunks of ice down on enemies. Inflicts Frozen.

Iceberg is a 6th-level Blue Element in Chrono Cross. Iceberg causes a dark aura to cover the screen in shadows as a blizzard rages. Several streaks of fast-falling snow, horizontally pummel the party, calling giant chunks of ice from the sky to fall on all targets. Once they crash, several icy shards shoot into the air, followed by powder-puffs of snow. Afflicted targets glow red from the arctic temperatures.  The spell deals very heavy ice damage to all enemies and can inflict Frozen status on one or more targets.

Traps for Iceberg can be purchased from the Demi-human merchant in Marbule (for 400 G) after Serge rescues the S.S. Invincible from the Ghost Ship and its legions of undead sailors. A free Iceberg can be found in Fort Dragonia if the player fails to successfully Trap it from the Giant Gloop, which casts it as a 6th level Element. JellyBlubba has this Element, which can be Pilfered, Pillaged or Snatched on rare occasions. Additionally, Scorpoid, found in abundance on barren wastes of Water Dragon Isle in Another World, cast Iceberg as level 7 Elements (Iceberg +1) and can be trapped there as well, should the player fail to Trap the Giant Gloop's Element or miss the freely acquired one. It should be noted, however, that Scorpoids rarely accumulate enough Stamina levels to cast Iceberg, making Trapping difficult. additionally, this element can be trapped from Orlha when fought as a boss in Guldove. It is also possible to be trapped from Dark Serge (Fort Dragonia), Royal Jelly (El Nido Triangle), Aquator (Terra Tower), and Slash (Bend of Time).

Name Origin[]

Icebergs are massive chunks of ice that form in oceans and other bodies of water. Only 10% of their actual mass is viewable from the surface of the water, leaving 90% of its gargantuan anatomy submerged beneath the waves.

Site Navigation[]